Goth Boy is, well, a Goth. He prefers to stay hidden in his misery and dark solitude and refers to life to be as bleak and meaningless as his soul. He's cynical and pessimistic, and often depressed. He prefers to be garbed in black with chains and piercings. He often writes gloomy poetry. He runs a poetry house in your town, lives in a cathedral-like house on Spookane, runs a tattoo business in Speedville as well as races and mans the Turkey on a Fork stand on the Boardwalk in the City. He works for the Specter Squadron in MySims SkyHeroes.
Roles in gamesEdit
- Goth Boy's beta name may have been Herman as his profile stated his real name which can be seen in an exclusive walkthrough video with Executive Producer Tim LeTourneau. However, the game in the video was probably an early version or beta as the name/profile description was never actually in the current versions for the Wii and PC. To see the walkthrough go here.
- Goth Boy is rarely shown with eyebrows except in his concept art, where he has eyebrows. However, when he has been shown with them, they are sometimes red/orange, implying that his natural hair color is red.
- Alternately, it could just be his face folding in a manner indicative of his intended expression, since he doesn't have visible eyebrows by default.
- In the intro of MySims, Goth Boy's voice is Buddy's, but it's different in gameplay. Also, his bangs hang over his right eye in the intro, while during gameplay-and through all of the other games-they hang over his left eye. Additionally, his actual voice type is Grandma Ruthie's, but at a lower pitch.
- Goth Boy shares his interests with Cassandra in MySims.
- His intro in the hotel may be a reference to the Disney animated series Darkwing Duck.
- He is the only Sim in to hate your town getting higher ranked, as he says it makes his poetry fail.
- In MySims, Goth Boy has three paintings on his wall called Mortimer, Bella and Alexander. These are the names of three of the members of the Goth family in The Sims 2.
- In MySims Kingdom and MySims Racing for the DS, Goth Boy's skin appears to be more pale.
- Goth Boy appears as an employee for MorcuCorp, during the events during Star Level 3 in MySims Racing, but he does not actually work for them or even acknowledge his affiliation with MorcuCorp. He just runs a tattoo business and is not hostile to the racer.
- On his MySims Agents concept art, he appears to have a tattoo of a Z on his upper arm, yet in the game, he does not have this.
- This could be because, in most other games, does have a tattoo on his arm (albeit one with a different, more detailed design).
- He also mentions that Justice is working on a tattoo design for him in the game.
- In MySims Agents, he claims to live in his mom's basement.
- In the DS version of MySims SkyHeroes, his name is spelled as GothBoy instead of. The console versions don't have this error, as his name is spelled as.
- In MySims SkyHeroes for the DS, mentions that his mother owns a minivan.
- Goth Boy's French name, Hugo Tique, is a pun on "gotique", the French word for "gothic".
- This seems to be his actual name in French, as Hugo is an actual given name and he has been referred to as simply Hugo by other Sims in the games.
- Brazilian Portuguese: Garoto Gótico
- Dutch: EmoKid / Gothic Boy / Goth Jongen
- English: Goth Boy
- European Portuguese: Gótico
- French: Hugo Tique
- German: Grufti Junge
- Japanese: ゴスボーイ (Gosu·Bōi)
- Polish: Got
- Russian: Готичный Парень (Gotichniy paren)
- Spanish: Chico Gótico / Tío Gótico
|Spooky Sims in MySims|
|Spooky Sims in MySims Kingdom|
|Violet Nightshade | Morcubus | Yuki | Goth Boy | Sir Vincent Skullfinder|
|Spooky Essences found in MySims|
|Amethyst | Black Apple | Black Rose | Dead Wood | Eyeball | Fish Bones | Ghost | Jack O'Lantern | Sad | Scary | Skeleton | Spider | Thorn | Voodoo Doll | Dragon | Bat Fish | Raven | Bat|